Weintek HMI EasyBuilder Pro moving shapes

bgtorque

Hi, I am looking at seeing if we can move our current AB PanelView Displays to the rear mount Weintek MT8070iER1 HMI. We use CompactLogix PLC's and this would be used to drive the display. I would like to have a solid grey rectangle that is controlled by PLC tags for both its visibility and its size.
Specifically:

1. Visibility - a simple bit 0 or 1 to decide whether it should be visible

2. Size/Scaling - I would like the ability to have the rectangle increase in size along a single axis (vertical or horizontal) based on the the value of a REAL tag (call it Tag1) from the PLC. I would like to define the MAX and MIN values of Tag1 by defining a changing percentage, ie at min=0 and at max=100.
EXAMPLE - Vertical Scaling: If the rectangle is 400pixels wide by 200pixels high. I would like to define that the height of the rectangle is 0pixels if Tag1=0 or 200 pixels if Tag1=100.

I thought the moving shape option would allow me to do this, but it would seem that I cannot select the tag I would like to use (in this instance it is Program.VSD1.TQ_Clamp) as it is not visible, although it is visible if I want to select it for a numeric object, for example.

Any help and guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sounds like the Bar Graph is the object that would fit your purpose. Although the object does not come with the security option which would allow visibility to be used. You will have to use a bit lamp to hide object by creating your own shape that matches the background to give the appearance of visibility.

Look up Shape Library in help file (Search SHAPE_LIB). Then Click on Save To Library.

This will walk you thru Adding Shape to Library

Thanks for the reply. The bar graph looks to do the job, thanks. You've lost me a little on the visibility aspect using a shape though? My background is a 4-quadrant display with each of the quadrants being a colour based on being Motoring (MOT) or Generating (GEN) and so have large letters embossed in each quadrant.

Scratch that, i've found that there is an option in the security tab to enable this. Follow on question - If I want to have a vertical line that moves horizontally or a horizontal line that moves vertically (i'm creating cross-hairs), how would you achieve that function?

Thanks again.

Scratch that, i've found that there is an option in the security tab to enable this. Follow on question - If I want to have a vertical line that moves horizontally or a horizontal line that moves vertically (i'm creating cross-hairs), how would you achieve that function?

Thanks again.

With some difficulty.

I'm thinking best way is to use "Moving Shape" object. Create vertical and horizontal line "shapes" for use in them. I'm just testing this out now....

I despair that they haven't (yet) bridged the gap between dynamic objects and "static" objects. e.g. I wanted dynamic line colouring on some diagonal lines - I had to create line segment bit-maps for all the colours and use them as Word Lamps. If only they would allow the full range of animation effects on the "Draw" objects like lines, it would be great.

Moving Shape is the way to go here.

You need an array though in your PLC, the first element being the shape number, and the second element being how far you move it in the X axis.

if you hit help when you have the properties up for the moving object, clicking on the picture where it says "Attribute Mode X axis only" will give you the address mode for different options.

I said I was testing it out, but I'm having trouble getting the On-Line Simulation to talk to the controller !

Everything is configured correctly, I accepted Windows (7 Pro) warnings, and an AVG exception was added for com_e30.exe, but still no comms.

SORTED.... The array tag in the controller was "External Access - None"

Last edited:
guys thanks for the help, I was just suprised when i couldn't see any of my REAL tags in Moving Shape, but I can in the bar graph or numeric? Is it a REAL array I need to create in the controller?

OK, got it working....

Things to note :

1. I am not driving a number into the "State" array tag [n+0], it is constant 0 and the animation still works.

2. For the Vertical X-Hair, I am varying array tag [n+1], and the vertical line moves horizontally.

3. for the horizontal X-Hair, I tried varying the third address [n+2], like the Help suggests.....

The first address controls the state of the object, the second address controls the horizontal position (X), and the third address controls the vertical position (Y).

.... but that didn't work. I then changed the PLC code to vary the second address [n+1], and the horizontal line moves up and down. This seems contrary to what the Help suggests.

If your crosshairs are going to predetermined locations then I think the animation of an object would work best. You need at least 3 locations before the animation will work. Also the selection of your animation position are in order you put them on the screen. The animation is controlled by two consecutive registers. The first controls the state of the object and the second controls the position.

Create your crosshair shape save to library then pick it for your shape in the animation. Hint: if you save your shape as state 1 then state 0 will be blank which makes it invisible.

P.S.
glad you found the security on the graph. I have EZware 5000 not Pro.

what was your array type in the PLC?

I just made a generic array tag called "Animation"

Because the help (for EBPro, that is), says 3 consecutive tags, I linked my vertical x-hair to Animation[0], and my horizontal to Animation[3]

If you don't want the x-hairs to "disappear", you only need 1 state (state 0).

EDIT : I would suggest that the "Help" should read....

"The first address controls the state (shape displayed), and the second controls the primary movement, which is horizontally if X-Axis only is selected, or vertically if Y-Axis Only is selected. You only need all 3 addresses if you apply both X and Y movements to the object."

.... That would at least make sense of my findings.

Last edited:
If your crosshairs are going to predetermined locations then I think the animation of an object would work best. You need at least 3 locations before the animation will work. Also the selection of your animation position are in order you put them on the screen. The animation is controlled by two consecutive registers. The first controls the state of the object and the second controls the position.

Create your crosshair shape save to library then pick it for your shape in the animation. Hint: if you save your shape as state 1 then state 0 will be blank which makes it invisible.

P.S.
glad you found the security on the graph. I have EZware 5000 not Pro.

Thanks, but the cross-hair is not predetermined. If my display is 800*480 pixels. I what the cross-hairs to show me speed (horizontal axis) and torque (vertical axis. Its bi-directional as is 4-quadrant. So I would like speed to be shown by the vertical line that moves horizontally between -speed_Max and +speed_Max and the torque by the horizontal line that scrolls vertically between -torque_Max and +torque_Max.

for example, if I was at 0 speed and 0 torque I would expect the cross hairs to centre on pixels 400,240 (reference top left corner of display). Or 50% positive speed and 50% positive torque to centre 600,120. so essentially I think I have to keep the two lines that make up the cross hair independent and just scrolling along a particular axis.