Studio 5000 Issue.

jwcallis

Hi all, I just installed Studio 5000 V28. I am trying to just upload from a processor, and noticed that I do not have this option available on the Launcher Menu under "Open". Only things listed are "Existing Project" and "Sample Project". Did I miss something on the install? Or am I missing something simple here? Thanks.

Welcome to the Forum!

You will find the Upload option (among others) under the Communications menu of the Logix Designer Menu Bar.

I would stay start a new project and then upload. I have version 30 and the Launcher menu on mine has upload as shown in the attachment.

studio.PNG

Thanks for the info. Do you know why it would not be listed in the launcher? Or will it appear there after I use the option from Designer once?

studio.jpg

Last edited:
You used to be able to create a project from upload up until ra removed it! When I told them about it they didn't seen to think it was a big deal. I haven't tried v30, it may be fixed on that version.

No, Rockwell removed the upload option in version 29. See the excerpt from the v29 release notes below. I suspect it was removed as it may have confused people that were using the Launcher for View Designer or FactoryTalk View. The upload option was limited to only Logix Designer.

I suspect if you installed an older version after installing v29 or v30 then the launcher would come back.

I copied the launcher .exe file from my version 21 that I use regularly and replaced the new one with it. Worked fine after that.

OG

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Not sure why its not there, I have V28 installed. This was a new install too, not a downgrade. I do have RS Logix 5000 V20 installed, but that should not have affected this one I would think.

logix version.jpg

Bypass the stupid and useless "Launcher" entirely and just run the Logix Designer program for the version you want. Upload is there where it normally is. Enter a path, upload, done. This also speeds the startup of the software vs. using the idiotic splash screen.

Bypass the stupid and useless "Launcher" entirely and just run the Logix Designer program for the version you want. Upload is there where it normally is. Enter a path, upload, done. This also speeds the startup of the software vs. using the idiotic splash screen.

Find the applications in ....

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\ENU\vXX\Bin

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\Studio 5000\Logix Designer\ENU\vXX\Bin

Create shortcuts to these .exe files, and rename accordingly.

2017-06-27_135145.jpg