For everyone who wanted to play with AD PLCs but didnt have the software...

Katrazi,

There are a number of versions of RSLogix5000, and several of them are low-cost versions suited for the CompactLogix only. I don't know the US price but I would guess it to be about $1.2.k

Another point you mentioned was the need for three licences. Rockwell are moving to a better licencing scheme that allows the option of maintaining your licence counts on a central server and checking them in or out on an as needed basis. Many times you might have say three people who need to use RSLogix5000, but it is extremely unlikely that more than one or two will use it at a time, so with a "floating" or "leased" licence system you only buy enough licences for how many you need to use concurrently, not how many PC's you have it installed on.

PhilipW said:
Katrazi,

Another point you mentioned was the need for three licences. Rockwell are moving to a better licencing scheme that allows the option of maintaining your licence counts on a central server and checking them in or out on an as needed basis. Many times you might have say three people who need to use RSLogix5000, but it is extremely unlikely that more than one or two will use it at a time, so with a "floating" or "leased" licence system you only buy enough licences for how many you need to use concurrently, not how many PC's you have it installed on.

Finally!!!!!!!
This would be a great, long overdue addition for Rockwell!!!!

CroCop,

The ability to install activations on a server has been around for years for Rockwell software. It's no big deal. Check on your Start menu under Rockwell Software -> Utilities -> Activation Help for the details. It's a simple first come, first served scheme that works pretty well.

The new Factory Talk activation scheme is a bit more elaborate with license server software running on the server.