Setting IP Address on 1761 NET ENI Module via RA BOOTP Server

Mike R

Dont know if anyone can help, been trying to do this all morning.

Basically I have a new ENI module that i need to assign an IP address to. I have seen this done with the BOOTP Server and it looked really easy.

However, when I tried to do it with my laptop, the BOOTP Server will only pickup the MAC address of the Laptop.

Any Ideas???

Ive tried changeing the Laptop IP address, changed from Dynamic to Static, all sorts, but it will not hear the braodscasts from the ENI module.

Kind of given up for the minute, but any help would be greatful.

All firewalls are off, btu I'm sure its got to be something blocking the ENI broadcast. The network status shows the laptop sending data, but nothing coming back.

Make sure you don't have a firewall or any other type of program blocking bootp requests.

I had to disable the McAffee Host Intrusion Protection service because it was blocking bootp requests.

How do you know the ENI module hasn't already got an IP address. Shouldn't have if it's out of the box, but you never know, it might have slipped through the net (pun).

Have you got anything like Wireshark, or Look@LAN to see what is being broadcasted ?

Did you cycle power on the NET-ENI?
That will start it broadcasting again.

If it already has an IP, it will show in the BootP server next to the MACID.

just now got my eni module talking using ENIW utility.Plugged into serial port on computer and reset the module . Now it communicates and allows Ip to be addressed.
Seems the key was resetting module to factory level