Different WinCC and WinCC server option

huynt

Dear all.
Do you know different between WinCC and WinCC Server option?. When use WinCC server. When i use WinCC Redundancy, I need to use WinCC server option?. Similar to when i install Win CC Webnavigator i need WinCC Server?
Thanks.

Hi,

It's all in the word Server. Below the axplanation of Siemens

WinCC Server

The application of the server option makes WinCC a client/server system. It allows multiple coordinated HMI stations to be operated together with networked automation systems. A server supplies up to 32 connected clients with process data, archive data, messages, screens and reports. This requires a network connection (TCP/IP) between the server computer and the connected clients.

WinCC redundant

WinCC/Redundancy gives you the ability to operate two connected WinCC single-user systems or servers in parallel for the purpose of monitoring each other. If one of the two server computers fails, the other server will take control over the entire system. After the failed server comes back online, the contents of all message and process value archives will be copied back to the returned server.

If you want to know more follow this

Link

Rudi