AB Logix IO module errors; end cap missing?

TJS

Can a lack of a right hand end cap in a Compact Logix plc rack cause all the modules to be faulted? I have not been able to get any of my IO cards to show up good, they are always faulted (3 IF8's, 1 OF4CI, PA7 in middle, 5 IA16's, 2 OW8I's).

I uprated the firmware to 15.34 and RSLgx15.02 from 13.03 figuring the EDS files or something was the problem. I guess I was wrong. Tech support also told me this would solve it. I noticed late today the right end cap is missing. How about left CPU cap, dont see any electrical contacts there?

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks for the positive response. The image of the missing end cap just popped back into my memory from all of todays problems and I hope thats all thats keeping causing them.

Exactly. Right-side end caps for the Compact I/O bus has a termination network of resistors that allows the bus to work. It does not ever work without an terminating cap.

My 1769 l33er also shows minor fault end cap is messing.but Im already contacted the end cap and also check the lock and connection im using left end cap Not right. Right side I'm using CRR1 expansion cable.
Studio 5000 shows IO not responding and indicator blinking green. All modules have yellow triangle
What is the reason