Citect Vs WinCC - Long

Just as a matter of interest I have just quoted a project with Adroit. It only had a serial driver for Omron PLCs but now has an Ethernet driver. I do not like OPC - have had too many bad experiences.

The second licence for a second computer is quite cheap although the initial licence compares with Citect. The good thing about it is it uses very few resources - runs on the smell of an oily rag so to speak.

If we win the job I will do a comparison between Citect and Adroit - if not, no comparison.
One of my customers has an extensive network of Siemens PLCs hooked up to Citect. He has converted to the PSDirect driver and highly recommends it - his tag count is now over 110,000 tags.

Hazey,
How about, "I have used both Citect and Adroit, here's what I think of them..."? ;-)
hazey said:
Bob I have used both Citect and Adroit, I will be interested in what you think between them.

thanks

Hazey

You think that your opinion will bias Bob's comparison? Or steal his glory? At this point he's unsure if he'll even land the contract.

hazey said:
Surferb I will wait until Bob does the comparison as it was he's call first.

thanks

Hazey

hi for every body!
I want to know about WinCC Professional V11.0 SP2 vs WinccFlexible 2008sp! Can u help me until have a brief Description for this ?

On the other hand, WinCC is almost hopeless for setting up Popup screens. With Citect, popups are easy and quite flexible. You can also have multiple popups open at the same time. This does not seem to be so amazing, unless you have had experience with WinCC. With WinCC each popup has to be setup as a picture window in every page where it may be called. This can increase you workload greatly.
You can manage popups quite easily in wincc if you use a main picture and all the pictures are contained inside the main, so you can open a lot of popups (usually more than 8 is useless, becouse you can´t see all of them in a single screen) and you can edit them only in one picture... PCS7 is based on this functionality.
TagPrefix is a great help to manage popups...

It´s quite funny becouse Adam has been working for a long time with Citect and find more possitive things in Citect than in Wincc, in my case, I have been working a lot of years with Wincc and I found more pros in Wincc (when I go to Citect tag creator, I become mad)... I think that sometimes we get used to a particular SCADA and the way we do things on that SCADA and changes are more difficult to swallow than when you are a newbie and you are open-mind with it.

Please note the original post was from over 7 years ago
I am sure that both products have advanced in that time