FactoryTalk SE Popup on every client causing a problem

OntheFly

Hello, this is my first time posting and I am looking for assistance for a specific issue I am having. I am doing work within FactoryTalk SE that involves using multiple thin clients and multiple screens to see data from. This issue is specifically referring to a popup that occurs every so often that--when clicked--will trigger an action in the code.

The popup displays on every screen, however when the action button is pressed, only that respective popup goes away on that respective screen. All the other popups on all the other screens still exist. The problem occurs because, as those popups exist, the action button could still be pressed by another operator, triggering the bit in the code again and reversing what was done.

The VBA code looks like this:

Private Sub "Variable_Name"_Change()

If "Variable_Name".Value = 1 Then
Application.ExecuteCommand ("Display "Variable_Name"_popup")

End If

End Sub

On the popup itself the button properties look like this:

under the 'Action' tab

;Abort
;Toggle "TAG_FOLDER"\"TAG_NAME"

I'm very inexperienced with automation and there is so much to learn, so if this post is hard to understand or if I haven't conveyed my problem/current config well enough then I apologize. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

The goal is to have the action item be able to be pressed on only one popup and have all other popups disappear along with it. I implied that, but I understand that intention should be clear, concise, and not left open for interpretation.

I have done this using the PC or PanelViews IP address to condition what terminal the screen will pop-up on. With SE and VBA it's much easier, with ME I had to create a separate tag in the PLC for each PanelView to monitor in that case alarms (based on IP address).