Sysmac c200hx

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All, anyone here have experience with Omron SYSMAC C200HX PLC/PC? It is a CPU64. My question is simple: am I able to "go online" with this legacy-looking device with something other than a hand-held unit? I am looking at an online booklet and it appears as though it is something I encountered in a CNC machine about 20 years ago, that required a hand-held device and a firm knowledge of BASIC programming knowledge. Thank you.

SYSMAC Support Software (SSS)
Name Specifications Model number Standards
SYSMAC Support Software
(for C20, CP,
CK, C120, CH,
C200H, C200HS,
C200HE, C200HG,
C200HX, C500, C1000H,
C2000H, CQM1, and
CVM1)
3.5”, 2HD for IBM PC/AT compatible
Note: Version 1.0 doesn’t support the additional
functions of the C200HX/HG/HE.
C500-ZL3AT1-E ---

Found this info from a manual, (c200he-cpu42-e_operators_manual), I found with Google, so, I vaguely remember
software being available. It may be DOS only though, I just don't remember. Here is the name of another manual I found with Google,
C200HE_HX_HG_2004_W303-E1-09_OPERATION
Seems like I remember another software called SysWin.
i know none of the above info answers your question but maybe you can find the answers in one of the manuals.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly you also need a Host link interface to use 232 interface, I doubt this is still in production.
Edit: I have just realized that the HX has a 232 port so you don't need one ;)

Last edited:
You can also use Syswin or Omron CXP.
A search may find a free version of Syswin.

Host link's can be found on Ebay. Two types, CPU mount or rack mount.

Hope this helps.

+1 bluebyu

http://industrial.omron.com.br/uploads/arquivos/C200HE_HX_HG_2004_W303-E1-09_OPERATION.pdf
The above is the operation manual for the C200HX.
This CPU has a built-in RS232 port that can be used for programming. See the above manual.
The cable pinout is on page 424 - Section 8.2 - Host Link Communications. Note that the SG pin is 9 on the connector.

A CQM1-CIF02 cable can also be used instead of the RS232 port to connect the software to the Peripheral port of the CPU.

I hope this helps you out.
Regards,

+1 bluebyu

http://industrial.omron.com.br/uploads/arquivos/C200HE_HX_HG_2004_W303-E1-09_OPERATION.pdf
The above is the operation manual for the C200HX.
This CPU has a built-in RS232 port that can be used for programming. See the above manual.
The cable pinout is on page 424 - Section 8.2 - Host Link Communications. Note that the SG pin is 9 on the connector.

A CQM1-CIF02 cable can also be used instead of the RS232 port to connect the software to the Peripheral port of the CPU.

I hope this helps you out.
Regards,
Would you happen to know if I go online with this PLC, will it have descriptions available, or will it be strictly addresses and functions, with nothing to indicate what they are? I called Omron tech support and the gentleman told me that he is unfamiliar with this platform as it has been obsolete for quite some time.

The comments are not stored in the PLC. When going online you will only get the addresses and functions.
You would need the original program file for all of the comments.

Regards,

If you have the correct cable, you can go in through the DB9 connector.
Search MRPLC.com for an Omron semi-universal cable.
Port would need to be configured correctly.
gtsuport

If you have the correct cable, you can go in through the DB9 connector.
Search MRPLC.com for an Omron semi-universal cable.
Port would need to be configured correctly.
gtsuport

I get that, I was just asking if anyone here has tried and succeeded using a Keyspan serial to usb device is all.

If the USB to Serial adapter has the FTDI chip it will most likely work no matter the make. But older non-FTDI chip units are less likely to dependent on manufacture and model.

My 2 cents