Smith Meter, MicroLoad.net

Hello Drakecesar and welcome to the forum,
The Microload and Accuload happen to be my area of expertise so I should be able to help you. You will need to use Modbus either RTU or TCP.

Couple questions first:
1. What do you want to do with the communications? Read data only? Control?

2. Do you know how to use the Micromate software and create a custom Boolean equation in the Microload?

Answer those and I should be able to get you going.
Bullzi

Hello,
Sorry for not answer,

Look im trying for control a transloader.

PLC: MICROLOGIX 1400
DRIVE FOR MOTOR DELTA 2000
UCL

I attached the files I made, I still can't communicate the plc with the ucl,

will you have any example?

Thank you

TRANLOISADER.JPG

Attachments

• isolve.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 9
Drakecesar,
There is a lot to unpack here so it will take some time. If you want to send me a Private Message I can give you my email and we can work through things.

I will tell you this: Doing things like remote start/stop, remote preset, and remote Transaction Termination over Modbus is going to be very challenging!!! The Microload's "native" language is not Modbus. There are "work arounds" for things but it wont be straight forward as it appears. You will also have to do A LOT of error checking. For example, what happens if you end the transaction but the Microload doesn't "see" the command? If you don't do a status check to verify that the End Transaction flag is set the Microload will be waiting for that command. When a new driver comes in to get a load the Microlaod will be waiting for a End Transaction command but the drive will be starting at the beginning. Now the whole sequence will be messed up and you may have to reset everything to get going.

My advice to you is to not over complicate the system. Let the Microload do what it does. I wouldnt try and control it via Modbus at all. I would only read data and use that for my process control. I would set up a "Modbus Map" in the Boolean/Algebraic sub system in the Microload. That way you can read everything you need with one message not the several that you are using now.

If you need control when the Microload can start a load use the Permissive inputs to the Microload. You can have a output from the PLC control that Microload input.

Hope this helps.