TIA Portal v15 WinnCC Pro

dahnuguy

I have an odd situation where I turn on a valve on the HMI, and the output in the PLC is on and indicates ON in the output map. But the actual hardware does not turn on.

When the customer forces an output, then it comes on and the valve responds..

Also , if they turn on 3 valves from the HMI and then force one of the outputs on from the PLC, then all 3 come on.

It is very odd.
If it is the HMI, I would not expect the Q43.X to be on in the PLC.

This is online with an actual PLC not in simulator.

OutputsOn01.JPG

If this is new code and something that has not been tested then I would say the problem is in code. The output is being turned off after it is turned on by the HMI. HMI bit is set>PLC tag connection is set> then the tag is reset again then the sequence is repeated. An example would be if an input let's say I0.0 is directly connected to the same output tag (I don't how to post code) and that input is open then no matter how many times you set the HMI tag the output will never be set unless that input is turned on or ORed in code.

If it is code that has worked for sometime and this is new issue then more information would be helpful. What do you mean by the customer fording an output, how?

A button is pressed on the HMI in WinnCC Pro, that button is linked to a memory address in the PLC.
That memory bit comes on.
That memory bit goes through some conditions and turns on an output Q43.X.
That memory bit is on.
The hardware valve connected to the corresponding output Q43.X does not respond.
The PLC software, TIA Portal V15, is used to force the output bit true.
Now the valve responds to the command.

If several outputs are on, they all do nothing until one of them is forced on then they all respond.

Output Q43.X is only used once in the program as the output of a FC.

Last edited:
It could be that for some reason the output gets turned off by some other function.
Try to X-ref the following addresses:
Q43.0 .. Q43.7
QB43
QW42
QW43
QD40
QD41
QD42
QD43

Is there any indexed addressing of any Q addresses in the program ?
Is any Q addresses being used with BLKMOV or DPWR_DAT ?

It could be that for some reason the output gets turned off by some other function.
Try to X-ref the following addresses:
Q43.0 .. Q43.7
QB43
QW42
QW43
QD40
QD41
QD42
QD43

Is there any indexed addressing of any Q addresses in the program ?
Is any Q addresses being used with BLKMOV or DPWR_DAT ?

Solved

The hardware card was assigned to Q41 and Q42, the valves were assigned to Q43

There is no output card assigned to Q43...

Sorry to waste every's time.
That was so basic.
I am doing all this remote and I can't see the hardware. So it all looks ok on my screen but stuff isn't moving.

I still should have caught it earlier though.