Controllogix and Modbus TCP server AND client, MARINE APPROVED

Kicken

Hi,

Do you guys know of any marine (ABS or DNV) approved modbus TCP solution for Rockwell Controllogix?

Our system:
Redundant 1756-L72
- Act as master(client) connected to 6 Modbus TCP slaves(servers)
- Act as Modbus TCP slave(server) (redundant=needs to be separate ports)

Erlier we have used Prosoft cards, but those don't have valid marine approvals anymore.

Rockwell own software code for Modbus only supports 4 slave, and slave and master is not officially supported at same time?

Ask Red Lion if they have received ABS certification for the standalone Graphite Edge controller. I know they got ABS for some of the related Graphite touchscreen HMIs.

I see where you're looking at the DNV certificate for Prosoft's MVI56E; it was renewed in 2016 and that expired just a year later in December 2017.

Be sure you ask Prosoft directly if there is a newer document than the one which is online. Sometimes website maintenance and updates lag behind the real world.

Last edited: