Connected Components Workbench alias text squeezed

TimWilborne

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm working with version 12 of Rockwell's CCW software and in the image below, my alias text is squeezed down into the ladder symbol where it is hardly legible.

I've played with most of the settings under Tools>Options but none of them seem to help. Does anyone know how spread this out a little more.

ccwcramp.png

I figured it out right after posting this. It wasn't in the Tools > Options, I had to right click in the white space of the ladder and click "Reset Container Visual Settings". Now if I only knew now I messed it up...:oops:

ccwcramp1.png

Well I thought I had it fixed, but the Function Block editor is still cramped. See below. The "Reset Container Visual Settings" seemed to work for the ladder view. Does anyone know how to do it for the Function Block editor?

ccwcramp2.png

Container Settings...Cell Height. Is whats making that look incorrect on the LAD diagram. I assume it would be the same setting for FB as well.

There isn't a container height setting for the function block. I played with the width and there was no change. Also when the ladder was squeezed together, the container height setting had no affect. Only the "Reset Container Visual Settings" fixed it.

ccwcramp3.png

Thats interesting because i can recreate and then fix your first issue by changing the Cell Height setting in the Properties window when working in Ladder. I've also noticed in the past that if you go into Tools---Options and then make changes they will NOT take affect on any program that is already created in your Programs tree. The changes made there will only be seen once you create a new Program. The exciting quirks of using CCW.

Thats interesting because i can recreate and then fix your first issue by changing the Cell Height setting in the Properties window when working in Ladder. I've also noticed in the past that if you go into Tools---Options and then make changes they will NOT take affect on any program that is already created in your Programs tree. The changes made there will only be seen once you create a new Program. The exciting quirks of using CCW.
You are correct, it works perfectly in ladder after I clicked the "Reset Container Visual Settings" in ladder. But before it had no effect. It is like I need that button for the FB.

Is there a chance that this is a DPI scaling issue, or compatibility mode issue? Try disabling full screen optimizations first. What display scaling are you using?

Is there a chance that this is a DPI scaling issue, or compatibility mode issue? Try disabling full screen optimizations first. What display scaling are you using?
1920 x 1080. Not sure where to find the DPI. Where do I disable the full screen optimizations?

Compatibility: Right click on the icon, go to properties, and the compatibility tab. Towards the bottom there is an option to disable full screen optimisations.

DPI: Setting in Windows that scales your display. This is under "Chage the size of text, apps, and other items". The default setting is "100% (Recommended)".

Are you running CCW in a VM?

I sent my file to Geniusintraining and it looks fine on his PC, so my next though was to uninstall and reinstall CCW, but it says I need to uninstall Guardmaster 440C and 450L Safety Light Curtain first. The only catch is I don't have these installed. See image below.

ccwuninstall.png

Have you tried installing/repair? A couple weeks ago my PC was running slow so I uninstalled things that were running that I thought I did not need, I removed CodeMeter and it killed CCW and I had to reinstall RSLinx and CCW again