Siemens Simatic Step7 - How to Update Offline DB to Online DB?

DenZ_P

Hello Experts,

How can i update my offline Data Block to the Online Datablock without removing the offline comments? When i go online with the Data block since there is timestamp difference, all of the comments just go to default text. Please help. thanks!

You need a backup of the exact program as it is loaded in the PLC. The timestamps must be the same.

If the above is OK, then you can proceed like this:
Create a new version of the backup.
Then open the blocks folder of the newly created offline project. Use the "Online" button next to the "Offline" button in Simatic Manager. Do not use "accessible nodes". This opens the online blocks folder.
Use Windows .. Arrange .. Vertically so you have offline and online blocks folder open at the same time.
Now drag-and-drop the desired DBs from the online folder to the offline folder. (not CTRL-C CTRL-V, or copy-paste, or any other method. MUST be drag-and-drop).
You now have the offline DBs filled with actual values of the online DBs.
You can then make modifications to the offline project, and load the DBs which will contain the actual values that you loaded from the PLC.
Do not use the "initialize DB" function. That will reset the actual values to the intial values.