Mitsubishi FX2N-32MR Programming/CPU Error

xenosaga01

Hello. I first off I wanna say that I am completely new to PLCs and am trying to help fix my Uncles hydraulic press machine that uses a Mitsubishi FX2n-32MR plc. It has CPU version 3.10 and ram memory and is giving him the error 6402. This machine was working perfectly fine up until a few days ago. I already know that the backup battery is toast. It was only reading 0.1 volts. I am not sure if these two things are related. I am trying to figure out if the plc is fixable, if this is a software or a hardware issue and if so, how to fix it and help save him $$$. I have successfully communicated with the PLC using a usb to sc09 cable and have the following software installed: GXWorks 2, GXWorks3, GX Developer and MT Developer 2. I got the error 6402 from GX Developer. I have attached what I believe to be the Program that it has installed to the PLC, but all I did was save it after the program read it(it had an error while reading it) so I dont know if there is actually any data. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated. I have attached 2 images as well. Not sure how helpful they may be.

memory page.PNG INfo1.PNG

Attachments

• Default Program.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 14
It sounds to me that you have a configuration error I noticed that in plc parameter you have no program memory & the file registers do not make sense.
I suggest you start a new project & fill it in like the attached and download the parameters:
It could be your GX Works is corrupt and creating a new project fails to put in the default settings or the PLC is toast.
Edit: It will have lost your program if the battery is U/S If you are strapped for cash RS components do a battery with solder tags just solder the old connector onto the new one, I did this some years ago as batteries were on back order & we had one fail, to be honest, we change the batteries on all PLC's every year and have used the RS ones often with no problems.

FX Param.png

Last edited: