Computer Name doesn't exist in FT Directory!

wilsonzhu

Before we Change office domain server, I installed FT view software, it run well. but After Server changed, Maybe My computer name is also changed. When open FT view->Rslinx Enterprise->communication setup, it says my computer name doesn't exist in FT directory and can not locate RSlinx. Pls tell me how to fix it. Thanks a lot

What needs to occur is the Factory Talk Admin Console needs to be modified. I also had this problem when I added my PC into the domain. I configured both the Local and Network again on the PC and my issue was resolved.

"Start>All Programs>Rockwell Software>FactoryTalk Tools> Factory Talk Directory Configuration Wizard"

Select both "Configure the FactoryTalk Network Directory" and "Configure the FactoryTalk Local Directory"

I believe that there is also a Technote from AB about resolving this issue.

Note: You will need to be a minimum of Local Administrator since the pop-up dialog boxes ask for credentials.

Resurrecting an old post here but just ran into this issue when using FT Directory on a virtual machine.

If you do encounter this problem and you don't really care about protecting your project by tying it to a specific machine, you can also disable the FT Login via the FactoryTalk Administration Console.

You can also set the FT credentials to be referenced to your network or current domain credentials.
It's under the Policies/System Policies/Security Policy. Right click on security policy you can disable the FTLogin under the "Computer Policy Settings."

If you're using a VM and want to use the moving domain credentials (for example, if you're using this on a VM that is managed by your IT group using their own methods of securing entry into the VM), you can set the identity terminal server clients to "Server Computer" instead of local.

I've attached a photo for your reference

Hope this helps others moving forward.

FTAdminConsole.JPG