Factory Talk View Studio HMI tags

djpalaz

Hello,

I created a tag under HMI tags. When I open two SE clients both clients can modify the same tag. Is it possible not to share the tag so that each client can put have its own value for the tag. The tag value will not be the same for each client. The tag value will be used at a later time by the client.

HMI tags are the same for each client.
If you want to have a tag for each client, you should create different tags.
Try to create a dynamic call of the tag, with the name of the pc for example.
Or another solution is to not use a tag but a Visual Basic variable.
What would you like to do ?

Hello Snyve,

How do i create a dynamic call of a tag?

I am using vba to write to the tag. But it seems that the vba variable is still common between clients. I would like each client to have in memory the previous screen they were at. I created the following code to retreive the name of the screen:

Private Sub HomeButton_Released()
Me.PreviousPageTag.Value = Me.Name
Me.PreviousPageTag.Download
End Sub

The PreviousPageTag is the name of the StringInput. The StringIput then writes to the PreviosPage HMI tag.

Hmi tags are the same for each client, but not the vba variable.
If you want to create a button to return to the previous window, try this:

Create a rsview button and in the button properties (not in vba) tape this: Prevwindow

and a button to return to the previous window is created.

if you want to create a dynamic expression:
In your vba code, you can use this:

Dim strClientName As String
strClientName = Environ("COMPUTERNAME")

with this code you have the name of the computer and then create a different variable for each computer

ex:

if strClientName = "PC1" then

use your code and replace Me
Me.PreviousPageTag.Value = Me.Name
Me.PreviousPageTag.Download

else
if strClientName = "PC2" then

Last edited: