Melsec GX Developer's Timer?

sutton

S
hi guys,

I am new to Melsec Medoc GX Developer. i got a simple question here would anyone who is used to this software could help me on this?

I just found out that I am not able to use the TIMER as the same way as i used in Omron. How am i suppose to switch ON an output for Two Second and then let it OFF automatically.

Should I use Annuciator set and reset? please advise. THanks

Sutton

I am not sure what you mean by off automaticly but will this help.

ld X1
out T1 k20
ld x1
and not T1
out Y1

This will now stay off untill you turn off X1
and then turn it on again.

Sorry I don't know how to place ladder into a reply yet
I will try that next time. :(

Davids answer was correct and the timers work in a similar way to Omrons, exept you dont get the big box symbol with GX you get a coil symbol.
You then use N/O N/C contacts from that timer. The timer resets when the connection to it becomes untrue.

Use a N/C contact of the timer to break an output after 2 seconds

Thanks guys

thanks David and Goody for your help. I am just new to PLC projects so it confuse me with the timer in this program. Dont worry about the ladder diagram, i can understand the mneumanic code. Cheers.

I have recently been using the latest GX-developer software some timmers such as are used with the q01 Processor are not setup like the other Mitshubishi processors. These are setable timers I especially like the 1000ms timmer. Its value are what I am used to seeing. These are setup in the parameters. TImmers in Mitshubushi are quite easy, but I like the AB timmers because I got used to the enable bit and done bit.

Timers on Mit are a little diffrent but for simple times easyer but there is a way to use the timer with MOV command so that retentive timers can be made. Or measure time. i.e.
-| |---|----------(T32 k6000)---|
X0 | |
|----------[MOV T32 D0]--|
Will measure time X0 is on so long as it is less then K6000 the Mit books do show how to do this. One can also move into a timer so it can be reset to last valve.
Since my course was on AB we were not taught this and it was a long time before I found how to do it.

All best Eric

If your using a Mitsubishi ACPU or QCPU then all you have to do is set your retentive timers up in the plc parameters.
Tim

plcret1.jpg