Logic required for elevator

Hamid Mehmood

I want to convert our elevator of four floors on PLC S7-200 (Right now this is on Relay Logic).Can any body send me a logic software for this purpose please.

WOW - a real world elevator problem! And on the other "old" forum there is a response from a guy with a real world traffic light application. Either this new forum format is magic, or the students a NYP are getting better.

I can help you with plc Siemens Step 7-200

If you could send the relay diagram as you desired picture here.
I will send the answer back by Siemen's Step7 -200 back.
However,I am not sure this is your's student' project or not? or your's special job?
For Siemens Step7-200 ..if you know plc texas instrument ..you will
familiar with it.

platootod :cool:

Hello !
I really think that it's a bad idea to start making your own elevator program ! The S7 200 is not a aproved "safety" PLC. Who is going to take responsibility if your elevator program does something wrong and kills somebody ? If you use PLC you MUST have external safety devices.
It sound like you do not have any experience with the PLC because you dont even have the program ?
Even KONE doesn't use standard PLC:s, I made cranes 5 years and we used PLC:s but with external safety devices...

SAFETY FIRST !

even if u r an electronic engineer, but as u mentioned u dont have the relay logic and less experience with the plc , so u cant start ur progject with an elevator program, unless u use the safety standards and should be reviewed and signed out from a registered professional engineer.

I want to convert our elevator of four floors on PLC S7-200 (Right now this is on Relay Logic).Can any body send me a logic software for this purpose please.

When you convert the Relay Logic direct to PLC, you will get all the "bad things" from the relay control to the PLC program.

So start to look at the problems at the relay control and list the tings. Then you know where to investigate the program and make changes.

Many times it is easier to make a new program and you will get a more effective program by making it from scratch.

I have made elevator programs for pallet handling, and one time the change of a 15 years old program from scratch gave the effect of 30 % pallets more moved by the elevator at the same time.