Siemens Ratio_P block in CFC

ry_fern

Hey guys,

Good day!

I would like to seek for help regarding a CFC function block of siemens.

I am currently working on a project wherein I am using a Siemens S7-300 PLC and CFC for programming. It's my first time to work with CFC software.

Since this project is an addendum, there is an existing program that I can use to and modify some portions of it. However, I encountered this RATIO_P block. This block, after I imported it from the library, does not provide an output even if there's an input. I already configured some pins of it but still no luck. I am also looking for it's help file, but the software doesn't provide it. I even searched it on the internet, but I cannot find its use. Does anyone here know how this block works? or is there some help file for this block?

Thank you in advance.

Hey guys,

Good day!

I am currently working on a project wherein I am using a Siemens S7-300 PLC and CFC for programming. It's my first time to work with CFC software.

Since this project is an addendum, there is an existing program that I can use to and modify some portions of it. However, I encountered this RATIO_P block. This block, after I imported it from the library, does not provide an output even if there's an input. I already configured some pins of it but still no luck. I am also looking for it's help file, but the software doesn't provide it. I even searched it on the internet, but I cannot find its use. Does anyone here know how this block works? or is there some help file for this block?

Thank you in advance.
Just becuse you connected an input to it doesn't mean you will get an output.Do you need an EN (enable) along with the rest of the parameters?
Most blocks rely on an enable signal as well as an input.
CFC, I'm not familiar with so can't help.

Hey guys,

Good day!

Thank you in advance.
See the highlighted part above. Some pins?
What about the rest of the pins?

Thank you guys.

@bkottaras,

yes, I configured some of the pins, and also tried to enable other pins. The ENO and EN block are hidden but can be showed if they are marked "watched".

@JRW

Yes this is a Siemens block, I already found some info at siemens that this is a siemens block. However, it's use, I cannot find.

Ratio_P is under the Control library, the author is TECHNO 60, internal identifier is FB70.