panel view help me

alex_cordova

i have an micro logix 1500 LRP

I HAVE A SERIAL POR 9 PIN AND A PROGRAMING PORT

I HAVE MY PANEL VIEW CONNECTED TO SERIAL ON SIDE OF PLC
AND MY PC CONNECTED TO PROGRAMING PORT

I HAVE MY PANEL VIEW SERIAL CABLE 9 PIN CONNECTED ON RS232 DF1 GOING TO MY PLC

OK I GO ON LINE WITH MY PC AND SEE MY PROGRAM WHEN I HIT RUN MODE ON MY PANEL VIEW 1000 AND GET 686 PANEL VIEW OFF LINE

PLEASE HELP ME, I KNOW MY SETTINGS ARE WRONG

Any change of the PLC from run to program will generate an error in the Panelview as it looses communication. Once the PLC is in 'run' acknowledge all errors on the Panelview. If it was communicating before it should communicate again.

So are you saying that all my cables are hooked correctly??
And i could be online with my pc and have my panel view online at the same time so i could see it working in my program

Yes, with two ports the LRP provides for exactly that flexibility. We typically use one as the HMI/programming (by cable swapping) while the other speaks Modbus to our AB drives. Two ports are very freeing. But then a NET-ENI connected to the serial port opens up even more channels of communication. You get what you pay for.