EN2TR with L55-M13?

Duranthas

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am well into an OEE project when all of a sudden management says that ENBT network isn't good enough and that I have to use a ring with EN2TR cards. Problem is, my processors are mostly L55-M13 which means I can only flash up to v16. That said, all the literature I'm reading about the EN2TR card says I need v17+, yet at the same time it says I can set it up via USB and RSLinx v 2.55+. So my question is can I still MSG between L55-M13 processors using EN2TR cards in their chassis on a ring or it it more like this o_O?

V16 can't/won't recognize it in the rack so the processor won't be able to communicate with it; I don't see a way around a processor upgrade. The good side - it should be a easy upgrade s/w wise.

Yep and L6x series are on the way out and the L7 is cheaper so push them to that route.

Are there any switchs in between? If so the have to be able to support ring also.

Sounds like it is just betwen 2 racks though?