Connecting a weight and count scale to PLC

docman24

I know this topic has come up but I have a little different situation that the other guy. I have a frame with 2 pieces of sheet metal to hold boxes that stamped parts going to to be falling into. I have 2 boxes and a diverter in the center to allow for parts to go to different boxes. And my question is I need a scale to go inbetween the boxes and the sheet metal to weight and count the parts. This way when I get to a sertan weight and count the diverter will switch sides and I will be able to fill the second box while moving the first to our holding area without turning the machine off. So I was wondering if you have any scale recommendations that will do this and connect to a PLC.

Thank you

Actually guys after talking it over we decided a load cell so could any one give me suggestions on a PLC load cell that can measure small parts or be programmed to set at a sertan wieght

Three parts from Omega. Assembly. Load Cell. Meter.
When selecting the maximum weight, include the weight of your sheet metal, bin, etc. You can zero it in the meter or PLC.
Choose meter with Analog output option if you want to display it on the PLC, or just use the relay option and set setpoints on the meter.

Easier way is with a flap and a contact.
When the flap is lifted or pushed it will be free, when not moving any more when a product falls on it it will mean the bin is full.
It depends a lot on the product and way of moving.
A scale is very expensive.