FactoryTalk View SE V10- System Colors / Global Objects

Tanquen

V 10.00.01
Patch 6

Having a bit of a tiff with View SE.

Ideally there would be a memory tag or parameters file with a color value that could be changed and any object with that tag or symbol would change to that color. So you could have a pump table or set of tags or parameters for the running and fail colors. If you need to use a different green for running or change running to red you just change the tag or parameter and everything using it changing its color. I don’t see a way to even have a variable for any of the objects colors.

While I can’t do that, I can make a Global Object and change the colors latter but it’s a bit of a pain. Like text, I just want to be able to change the text color throughout the application if needed. So I make a global text string object and animate the text color and link that to a memory tag. But… as you can’t just have unlinked Global Object caption text string that you could double click on to get to or search and replace, I now have a “s…s” string in development so alignment is no longer a thing and I have to right click and select Global Object Parameter Values and change the value any time I past a new Global Object string. Once the Global Object Parameter has a value you can search and replace but man, what an ordeal.

The only other way I can see is to not make them Global Objects and animate the colors but then you lose out on the Global Objects global color change. You must know up front and then keep all the colors you started with. Arrghh… :(