RS View Studio using DATA Server tags

randy741985

I am new to RS View Studio. I have a RS View ME station Networked to Control Logix 5555 Controller. My question is about the tag browser in rs view studio. My problem is that when I look for tags offline I have 2 folders under my root folder in the tag browser,PLC and System before opening either I have several tags avaliable in the tags pane of the window, one being CPU.also when opening the PLC folder it shows no tags in the tag pane. Opening up a push button tag the address is defined like so {[CPU]PER966735} I know the tag in the control logix is PER966735 and I also understand that the RS View Studio is using DATA Server tags. But I cant see my Control logix tag database Offline does anyone have any suggestions.

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking.

In the tag browser, right-click the top level entry, normally the project name, and make sure 'Show Server names' is checked.

Then try right-clicking it, and hitting 'Refresh All'.

If you can't see any offline tags under the 'RSView Enterprise | Access_Name | Offline' part of the tree, make sure that in Linx Enterprise communications setup you have included the proper path to the PLC Program file for that access name in the Offline tab.

Also, the PLC Program file needs to be local on your computer, not on a networked drive. Things get stupid if it is on a network drive.

Ok I have made some progress I have the path setup now and I can see the diagnostic items, offline and online Folders related to that path,only when I click on the offline folder it never updates... I will continue to read the help file

Thanks for your help.

I got intouch with AB and there was a Patch on AB knowldege base.

RSLinx Enterprise 4.00.00 Patch for Offline Tag Browsing. (RSView ME)
Patch #33267

Thanks for your help.