Preseting HSC 1769

manmeetvirdi

Hi there
Well am using HSC 1769 counter and software is RSLogix5000 while PLC is L43.
My issue is that Iam unable to preset it to predefined values.
I have two events, one when limit switch is hit I want to preset it to 1000 counts and another one when PLC is switched ON the counter should be preset to value it had during last power OFF.

So am mainly transferring the values to Local:5:C.Ctr1Preset using MOVE command and then setting the bit Local:5:O.Ctr1SoftPreset for some time. But the counter is not getting preset to the desired value !!
Is this a right method? or there is some other method to do so.

Local:5:C.Ctr1Preset is a DINT and Iam moving DINT variable to this place. Also manual says that you can preset the counter even if counter is enabled.

Do shed some light over here !

Regards
Manmeet

How to Change the Counter Preset Value with a 1769-HSC via Ladder

Well here is the method to preset the counter to a given value at any given moment.
In my case there are two counters. Counter 0 and Counter 1, with counter card at 5th slot.

So to change the counts I have to send the required counts to
Local:5:O.Range12To15[0].HiLimOrDirWr and then set the bit Local:5:O.Range12To15[0].LoadDirectWrite bit for some time.
And the job is done.

Now if the same thing has to be done for the counter1, then again the required counts has to be moved to
Local:5:O.Range12To15[1].HiLimOrDirWr but now I need to set the following two bits for the some time.
Local:5:O.Range12To15[1].LoadDirectWrite and Local:5:O.Range12To15[1].ToThisCounter_0

Also reason for setting the bit Local:5:O.Range12To15[1].ToThisCounter_0 in case of counter 1 is
apparent from attached figure.

Since this is 4 channel counter card, had there been third counter then
Local:5:O.Range12To15[2].ToThisCounter_1 needs to be set.

ToThisCounter_0 is Bit 00
ToThisCounter_1 is Bit 01

5C1.jpg