zebra printer

plcBen

I am trying to print labels with a zebra zm400 printer. I succesfully configured chanel 0 and matched settings (baud 9600, parity, etc.). I also am able to see the data light (on the zebra printer) flash when I send data to the Com port-so I am confident that data is being sent. I am using an ASCII write, of course to do this by sending string of printer commands. . . . However, I am not getting any label to print. My suspicion is there needs to be data sent in packets and it needs to follow a certain time scheme, but I am not sure where to begin. Has anyone succesfully done this? [I am using AB SLC 505, the printer is ZM400, the programming language for the printer is ZPL II].
Thanks

I have done this before with a ZM4+ printer and 5/05. The last thing that you send to the printer should be ^XZ. This is the end format command which should tell the printer to start.

continued zebraprint

Thanks,
I have done this, still no success. For a trial I did this:
ST9:0 ^XA
ST9:1 ^FO5,5^ADN,5,5^FDBEN
ST9:2 ^FS
ST9:3 ^XZ

I am using 4 ASCII write commands(one for each line of string commands) and sending all of this at the same time (triggered by the same bit)

Try adding a backslash (\) before each command. Like this:

ST9:0 \^XA
ST9:1 \^FO5,5\^ADN,5,5\^FDBEN
ST9:2 \^FS
ST9:3 \^XZ

Also, make sure you are using a ons instruction to trigger your AWT instructions only once.

You may be better off concatenating (ACN) the strings into one before sending it. This would guarantee that the characters go down the wire in the right order.

Paul

Make sure the port is configured for ASCII with no termination characters. See the Channel Configuration section, Channel 0 page.
Hope this helps.
Steve.

try adding a backslash (\) before each command. Like this:

St9:0 \^xa
st9:1 \^fo5,5\^adn,5,5\^fdben
st9:2 \^fs
st9:3 \^xz

also, make sure you are using a ons instruction to trigger your awt instructions only once.

yes the backslash (\) is the answer... You have to add before each (^) simbol, and make sure it is not repeated.