AB FT View SE studio

anhkhoi

Hi all,

I am newbie on AB software.
I am doing my project (CompactLogic L43 and FT View SE HMI) which has some of control valves and motors.
I would like to add/create a common faceplate for valves divices (I have 4 shutdown valves) when click on valve objects to open/close and objects' status.
Note: tag name of valves will be assigned when click on each valve.
Anyone has experiences to do this of has sample for this, advice me to do like that?

Thanks all

Read up on Parameter Files. This is ABs way to substitute tags.

Basically you'll just have generic tags on your template, when you push a button not only do you call the screen, but you also open the specific parameter file that contains the tag information you want to load.

Do a search on ab's site and here, you'll find examples.

I had seen the D2SD fateplates on Faceplate folder but it had to much parameters which some i did not use. So when I linked to parameters file, it did not match.
Can I modyfy the existing faceplates to get paramets i need?

thank in advance for your replying.

You can modify the existing faceplate and remove the parameters that you do not need, but I build my own faceplate for each type of device I want to control. You just need to use the "#" symbol followed by a number for a place holder instead of the tag name. Then you create a parameter file for every device of this type. You can then pop-up the face plate for each device, making sure that you reference the correct parameter file when you issue the display command.

Thanks marshjhm.
Does it require to creat VBA script when you created faceplates by yourself?
Could you advice more details(step by step) to create new customized faceplates for divices (example for shutdown valves or motors)?

No VBA required.

Go to Help in FactoryTalk View Studio. Open The Users Guide Volume 2. Go to page 19-29.

You just need to create graphic objects and instead of assigning a tag name, you assign a place holder. You don't have to use the faceplates to do this. You can do this with any object.

OG