Free 5-day web based training

has anybody tried this? ... how about a review? ... hopefully I'll have time to work through the five-day FREE trial myself soon ...

I recieved my information too and tested first, as they recommend, to see how I would do on PLC fundamentals.
60% What is PLC
100% PLC Hardware
80% PLC Numbering System
60% How a PLC is structured
70% How to program a PLC
80% Devices connected to a PLC
70% How to use Timers
100% How to use Counters

The test terminology is definitely geared to knowing AB plcs, now I will take the PLC fundamental course to see how I do.

Just curious, has anyone had prior experience with this type of training? I’m going to investigate it further, but I’ve found that a lot of time can be wasted prior to discovery that the courses are nothing more than advertisement that particular brand of product. I’ve never attended a RWS class. Can anyone enlighten? Not trying to be a downer…………..just trying to refine my time management and get straight to the meat of the matter.

Thanks.

Anyone else do it? I tried to test out, but come to find out the intraining part of my name was more of a true statement then the genius part, a magnet? who cares about a magnet. The plc part I was ok on, the free part was the good part.

I didn’t have time to give the classes a fair evaluation.
I had a lot of 70%... that was just ok, 80% was pass, try the electrical and the PLC.

I took a couple tests the other day and I had a feeling they were written by someone who's native language was something other than english.
Also, some of the answers were wrong, for example there was a question about counters and what you needed to enter to set them up. Their answer was you needed to enter a preset value---I use counters all the time without a preset value.

Ok. I thought it was just me. Some of the questions on the test are really weird.

The courses seem to be good. I took part of the PLC fundamentals course and it had a nice delivery, flow and content.

I think that the first language of the test authors is education, rather than logic controllers. A lot of modern test creation is done with algorithms that generate variations of a question, which can have some amusing results if the final questions aren't reviewed by subject experts. On the whole these are useful tools for general education, but I'm the sort of guy who argues with the Princeton Review about their phrasing.

I don't know if a commercial training program can come up with really clear and nuanced test material without employing subject-matter experts. I think they've come a long way from the first beta tests of this sort of thing three years ago, when I failed the networking test and sent in a corrected answer sheet.

I tried the 5-day free trial. I did the 3 RSLogix 5000 courses. The best part is the techno-babe that introduces each topic. She has a nice figure, but you better throw a sack over her face...I started on a computer with only a 56K modem. It is doable but requires lots of patience. I switched to a networked computer and the course load time went to almost 0. It was very nice and has very good graphics, sound, and animation, although I spotted a few errors. On one part, while in "autoplay" mode, it hung up and kept repeating the same module.
In 5 days you can complete several courses, if you put in lots of hours. Each course has test questions that you may complete for credit. I did not spend the time to do those, preferring instead to cram in the most course material.