How to read poll data from FTView SE to FTHistorian

jaysonlkh

Hi,

I managed to read all the tags and value from AB control logix but I had problem to read HMI tag and value from FTView SE, can anyone share the solution?

FTH SE collects data from CPU controllers via the the FTLD (FactoryTalk Live Data) interface; this is a matter of creating RSLinx Enterprise Topics corresponding to each data source (controller), browsing down to the Instrument Tag and specifying a scan rate (Class).
If you need to connect the FTH SE Server to another data server (such as the FTV SE) you will have to use the FTH SE Auto Discovery Wizard tool and point it to your FTV SE Server; this could be accomplished via the FactoryTalk Administration Console interface, providing that the FTV SE Server could be "connected to" from the Historian Server's vantage point and the machines/servers credentials within both systems allow for bidirectional connectivity.

All the steps related to using the Auto Discovery wizard are explained in detail in the FactoryTalk Historian Site Edition Help. The Help is available from
Start >Programs > Rockwell Software > FactoryTalk Historian SE > Help > FactoryTalk Historian SE Online Help

. It can also be accessed by clicking the Help icon on the
Discover Historian Points dialog box.

Last edited: