Real Time Clock Relay????

firebrd10

Does anyone know of a device which would give me a real time clock in a relay type format.

Basically I have an electric heater that I want to turn off on the weekends and bring back up before the next running shift. I have a feeling my managment wants to do this for a cost of about 10 bucks so I don't want to go with a full blown PLC. A pico controller may be an option also but it just seems like overkill. Surely there is something out there that can give me day and time with battery backup.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Tim

Well, you're probably going to pay more than $10 for any solution.

Have you checked your local hardware store (Lowe's, ACE, Menards, Home Cheap-o)? You should be able to find a timer there, and the fancier ones MIGHT have day-of-week features on them.

AK