Twincat 3 error at "Open Project from Target"

nightline

Gents,

I'm pretty new to Twincat 3 and facing at an annoying issue when try to go online with a remote Beckhoff PLC.
At out plant we have 10 Beckhoff controlled machines, and the latest is running Twincat on Windows 10, all other machines are Windows 7 OS.

The error I got is only when trying to connect to the Windows 10 machine.
The error message is: File "C:\users\username\Appdata\Local\Temp\tsz18AA.temp\CurrentConfig.tszip" not found

I had a chat with a support engineer from Beckhoff which was not very helpfull.
The engineer was thinking that the cause of the issue is about access rights to the "Temp" folder.
This sound strange to me, but I asked our IT guy if there are some rights which blocks Twincat.
The IT guy agreed with me, that there are no limitations.

The fact that I can normal connect to the other ( W7 ) machines, let me think that there is something else going on.

What differs between making connection to the W7 and W10 machines is that when I make connection to a W7 machine by "Open Project from Target" is that Twincat is asking me where to store the Project.
This is not the case when connecting the W10 machine...

Does anyone recognize this issue, and maybe knows a sollution?
Or does anyone knows where I can adjust the store location for this upload file?

Thanks in advance!

Jack

Hello sir,
I'm facing the same problem but in my case the machine is Windows 7 operated.
Did you find any answer to this issue?
Thanks

The error I got is only when trying to connect to the Windows 10 machine.
The error message is: File "C:\users\username\Appdata\Local\Temp\tsz18AA.temp \CurrentConfig.tszip" not found
1) Do that directory and file exist?

1.1) In the OP I see a space between tsz18AA.temp and \CurrentConfig.tszip; is that the problem?

2) Is it possible anti-Virus/-Malware is preventing access to the .ZIP file?

Hello sir,
I'm facing the same problem but in my case the machine is Windows 7 operated.
Did you find any answer to this issue?
Thanks
As drbitboy mentioned, did you verify that the CurrentConfig.tszip file actually exists? In TwinCAT, the PLC settings have to be configured to store the project files in the target archive, otherwise there's nothing to upload.

I just started having this issue, also while doing a PLC upload.

I do have the Temp directory, but nothing in it. Brand new VM with nothing but XAE installed.