Using 1756 EN4TR in 1756-L7 Processor backplanes?

PreLC

Hi PLCs.net!

I was wondering if anyone has been able to leverage the bandwidth advantages of EN4TR Network cards with L7 processors?

PCDC says they are compatible, but just wanted to know if it's truly going to work:

dvTilCr.png

If it can be added to an L7 tree, it should work.

Thanks for the response,

While that is true, I just wanted to know if the bottleneck for the communication lies with the overhead timeslice value in the controller properties?

Would it really give results?

EN4TR is fully supported in all L7/L8 chassis except local Redundancy chassis.
It gives you better packets per second values for I/O and HMI

Similar Topics

The cards have two internal 3.15A fuses, one for each group, and a 0.5A max current loading per point @ 60°C (140°F). They also have a 5A surge...
Replies
Views
Folks, Putting together a system utilizing a Control Logix Gen 8 (5580) PLC w/ the L83e CPU. I'll be connecting to 8 different FLEX-IO drops...
Replies
Views
Can you use the 1756-RIO to read values from a weigh scale with a RS-232 port? I am looking into trying to bring in data from the weigh scale that...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , I’m getting ready to integrate a Mettler Toledo IND 570 into a ControlLogix PLC , Analog 4-20 ma input card 1756-IF16 . I’m...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , We had our 2nd episode in 4 weeks with a 1756-L62 processor causing a backplane communication issue , that caused us to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom