FTView ME and Global Parameters

JeremyM

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I'm curious about using the Parameter Tags #1-10 under the Global Connections setup.

- is the expected tag type a STRING?
- if so, would I be able to create a PLC UDT with these 10 strings and dynamically update them in code as HMI navigation into nested equipment modules takes place?

(to reduce the screen counts/setup by 'dynamic' parameter list passing)?

a simple UDT on the PLC might be:
ParameterTag1: STRING (could be the Program/Unit name itself)
ParameterTag2: STRING (could be the selected equipment module)
ParameterTag3: STRING (could be a nested equipment module)
ParameterTag4: STRING (and so on...)
ParameterTag5: STRING
ParameterTag6: STRING
ParameterTag7: STRING
ParameterTag8: STRING
ParameterTag9: STRING
ParameterTag10: STRING

I should be home soon enough to test, just seeing if anyone else has tried this.

Last edited:
thinking I can better phrase this:

is it possible to use a PLC string value as the literal parameter substitution when navigating?

I haven't tried it, and personally I doubt it will work. But I'm always up for learning something new, so do post back when you get home and try it out!