1734-AENT and Thumbwheel issue

decvms

Banned User
1. The first thumbwheel stuck, only able to switch between 0 and 9. It can go from 000-099 or 900-999.

2. If I set it to 009, I can ping to 192.168.1.9.

But I would like to use 999 mode and set to a specific address. Since I can not set to 888 default factory. How do I find out its current IP address when it's in 999 mode?

Thank You.

999 = bootp enabled?

I would suggest reading the manual

I think you would have to use some software that takes the mac ID and assign an ip to it. I know that the Rockwell app Bootp is flaky when trying to look at a mac id. But if you put a switch between your laptop and the AENT device, it should show up on Bootp app. See attached screen shot from pdf manual.

1734aent999.PNG

if you can ping it use RSlinx to set up the port
you can set the IP address and subnet to what ever you want then cycle power
you will then have to setup RSlinx to look at the new network

I set mine to 192.168.1.099 by changing the first digit. Then I use a web browser to connect to the internal webpage. Once inside you can navigate to the network tab and enter your address. Set the thumbwheel to 999, cycle power, and then use the web browser to see if your new address took. I sometimes have trouble getting the gateway to stick and usually have to change it once the new address is working.