Virtual Machines With PLC Software

FYI you can leave your adaptor on DHCP and TIA will assign a temp IP for you when you attempt to go online.

Yes, but the S7 is not initially configured that way. It took me several days to get TIA in the VM on my linux host to talk to the thing. I was watching packets and all but it would not work, not even find the S7 with a bridged network and WiFi; I ended up getting a USB/RJ-45 network dongle so the VM could be a first-class member of the LAN.

hi Guys
I haven't used the virtual machines but think I really need to now ?
I see VMware do a free workstation player is this the right thing to use ?
the pc im going to play with the vm is a windows 7 32bit will that make a difference if I download the latest copy

I think I need to have a play

For readers who might be interested, Rockwell now has a 1st party VM which gets every version from V20-V33 preinstalled. This would be very useful for software management.

For readers who might be interested, Rockwell now has a 1st party VM which gets every version from V20-V33 preinstalled. This would be very useful for software management.

I searched the Rockwell website but couldn't find it, do you have a link?

Regards,

Jack