Comms configuration problem with FTView ME 11.0

CAGV1989

Good day; I'm having an issue with the FTView ME 11.0, because I have created and application for a PanelView Plus 7 andd all works correctly, I downloaded the runtime file to the panel just to proof it's all right and it looks fine, but in the moment I try to create the comms path between the Panel and the PLC the FT shows the window where you can configurate the path almost like blinking and the program just freezes and it's impossible to keep working at it, I have to shutdown the FT by force. Please help me, I have even uninstall and re-install the program but it doesn't work.

Good day; I'm having an issue with the FTView ME 11.0, because I have created and application for a PanelView Plus 7 andd all works correctly, I downloaded the runtime file to the panel just to proof it's all right and it looks fine, but in the moment I try to create the comms path between the Panel and the PLC the FT shows the window where you can configurate the path almost like blinking and the program just freezes and it's impossible to keep working at it, I have to shutdown the FT by force. Please help me, I have even uninstall and re-install the program but it doesn't work.

I don't have the software in front of me at the moment, but you can delete FactoryTalk Linx from your HMI project. This is at the immediate level above the Communication Setup. Right click and delete. Then at the 2nd or 3rd level of your project tree (one of the top items that is your project name), you can right click and add Factory Talk Linx server. Try deleting your server and adding a new one in your application.

Another thought is you could try to reinstall FactoryTalk Linx if that doesn't work. It may be worth running through that process again afterwards.

Edit: Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
I remember having this exact issue with FTView ME 10. There is a technote about this on Rockwell Knowledgebase. From what I remember I had to uninstall, delete certain files that aren't automatically removed and then reinstall... It had me puzzled for a while. Since then, I use VMs.

I don't have the software in front of me at the moment, but you can delete FactoryTalk Linx from your HMI project. This is at the immediate level above the Communication Setup. Right click and delete. Then at the 2nd or 3rd level of your project tree (one of the top items that is your project name), you can right click and add Factory Talk Linx server. Try deleting your server and adding a new one in your application.

Another thought is you could try to reinstall FactoryTalk Linx if that doesn't work. It may be worth running through that process again afterwards.

Edit: Welcome to the forum!

Good day; I actually did that but it didn't work, deleting the FT Linx from the project and then created a new one but nothing happened, I unistalled the FT View Studio and then re-installed it but it's the same. I'm going to try to uninstall just the FT Linx and see if it works. thank you for your reply.

I remember having this exact issue with FTView ME 10. There is a technote about this on Rockwell Knowledgebase. From what I remember I had to uninstall, delete certain files that aren't automatically removed and then reinstall... It had me puzzled for a while. Since then, I use VMs.

Hello, Thanks for your answer, I'm going to look for that technote, and also try to install the software in a VM, because I have Win10 and was having and issue creating the runtime file, I solve it giving the FTView compatibility with Win7.

Solved!!!

Hello, I just solved the problem, in the Rockwell Knowledgebase there is an article for it and a patch to solve it, it turns out that there is a problem with the dialog window of the comms setup due to the SCREEN RESOLUTION, not the Panel but the computer screen where you are creating the application, installing the patch and changing some compatibility settings solves the issue. Thanks to all that replied on the post.