Which instruction would work best

1knarf

Hi,

trying to explain my situation as simply as I can. I want to use
a numeric entry in my panelview to load a specific number to an integer in my plc program. basically a move function and the panelview numeric entry as the source. not sure what instruction will do this for me. any help will be appreciated. thanks

Perhaps a MOV Instruction ?, do you need to move it, is there a reason you could not just use the address where the integer is stored in the PLC ?.
Your question is a bit vague.

sorry about being vague,had to start somewhere. I'm using this to setup limits in my program so I only what this function to be enabled in a specific mode.

The PV can write directly to a tag without needing to create any logic in the PLC.

Once that value is stored in a tag, then you can use instructions like the LIM, EQU, NEQ, GRT, GEQ, LES, or LEQ to check the value to verify it is an "acceptable" value.

OG

Many, if not most HMIs will let you set limits on the data entered. But if you want to set the limits in ladder logic, use a comparison followed by a MOVE.

If HMI_Entry > HI_Limit, MOVE HI_Limit ---> HMI_Entry

The exact format of the logic will depend on your PLC model and its instruction set.