EZAutomation Critique

WireGuy1950

I am considering using the EZAutomation HMI & PLC to replace our existing AB 5/04 rack on some low end machines and older rebuilds.

From their literature and fooling around with their demo software it looks as though I can make it work.

Big issues, 4-5 analog voltage inputs, 2-analog voltage outputs, 4-8 type J thermocouples and the usual inputs and outputs.

I just wanted to hear some of your experiences with this product.

Thanks

Well, I use alot of the EZAutomation HMI's on AB and Direct Logic PLC's. So far I have had great luck using these to replace older legacy products. I haven't used their plc's but I use the Direct Logic from Automation Direct. Either way you can upgrade older systems at a fraction of the cost. I have been doing the exact same thing lately. As far as the HMI goes, EXCELLENT.

I had a demo unit and was not impressed. Configuration and logic programming software was OK, but downloading was not clean or simple. The functions I needed were all there.

The biggest complaint was the terminals for the I/O. Very cheesy, undersized, and difficult to access with even 18 AWG.

I'm now looking at Horner Electric's OCS. Right now it looks a lot better to me.

Weintek HMI (Brands Maple, KEP, 2 others).
Automation Direct PLC's.
Previously used EZ's HMI's (AVG) with good results.

Haven't used EZ PLC's, but agree with Tom. Biggest issue I have with that style is all the I/O wiring going to the front panel. Quite a harness on NEMA Enclosure mounted HMI's.