Delta V DCS Siemens PLC interface on Profibus

RameshWalia

I am currently installing an Emerson make Delta V DCS as master and Siemens make S7 313C PLC as slave on Profibus. I have been successful in establishing Profibus communication between the DCS and S7 200 series PLCs. But the communication between the Delta V DCS and the S7 313C is not working on Profibus. I have loaded the GSD file also. DCS is the master but When I configure the PLC as the slave, it goes on bus fault and hence the communication does not take place. Anybody has worked on such an arrangement, please help.

Hi RameshWalia.

"it goes on bus fault ". What is "it" ? The DCS or the 313C ?
If it is the 313C, then you can go online with it and investigate the hardware diagnostics.

Did you configure the i/o area for the 313C that corresponds with similar i/o in the Profibus master ?

Dear Jesper,
Thanks for your quick reply.
The PLC goes to bus fault.
I am trying to configure the I/Os of the PLC to the DCS but have not been successful till now.
I will revert back again regarding the on-line diagnostics.