Citect <-> Excel via DDE

ADoozer

Hi all.

Citect 7.3 SP1 / Excel 14 (2010)

I am able to use DDEWrite and DDERead within cicode to set cells and read cells in excel. However doing so does not cause the Worksheet_Change event to fire, which I need to trigger a macro to run the solver add in.

I think I need excel to perform a DDERead from Citect to allow my Worksheet_Change() event to fire, however I am unable to find the syntax for reading from Citect.

I have tried googling with no luck.

Any help greatly appreciated.

(PS this inter-app comms is a condition within an FDS which is non negotiable)

Regards Dave

Never mind.

I found the solution in the citect 7.2 manual.

=Citect|Variable!'Process Variable 1'

However it did not solve my problem. My macro still does not trigger.

Back to the drawing board!!

Regards Dave