OT - WHS is awesome!

FWIW, I also don't have HD. I just future-proofed myself when I got it.

I have it hooked to my Home Theater, which is also my stereo. So, it's main purpose is to stream Rhapsody or my music collection on my main computer and to watch home movies off my main computer. It is compatable with Windows Media Connect.

My real complaint is that my digital camera records standard .AVI and the DSM won't play those. I have to recode.

The network connection is wired. I have heard that video over wireless is dicey.

I wonder if the DSM-750 will support .avi. The web page just says "most popular formats".

Rick Densing said:
FWIW, I also don't have HD. I just future-proofed myself when I got it.

I have it hooked to my Home Theater, which is also my stereo. So, it's main purpose is to stream Rhapsody or my music collection on my main computer and to watch home movies off my main computer. It is compatable with Windows Media Connect.

My real complaint is that my digital camera records standard .AVI and the DSM won't play those. I have to recode.

The network connection is wired. I have heard that video over wireless is dicey.

surferb said:
It's not! Once I get it configured it'll be "just part of the network" that I ignore. But I have spent way too much time thinking about it - and I am still excited! Not that I haven't been dreaming about riding my Supersport 999 again - left it with my brother back in the states. I'd kill myself on it here.

I'm waiting for all the snow to bugger off so I can choose between an S2R and the S4RS.

I hate winters here!!!