Bosch PLC to PLC5 communications

Rick Densing

I have a customer with an old machine run by a PLC5 that I put an ethernet sidecar on in 2005 for a panelview.

We are looking at integrating it with another machine run by a Bosch MTX CNC control, though the PLC part is largely the same as any bosch rexroth PLC.

My question about messaging to a PLC5 via ethernet from a third party PLC. Is this even possible? All my data are discrete bits. Maybe a few words worth. There currently is a machine in the cell with a compactlogix that the messaging is working well.

My backup - but more expensive- plan would be to put a third party MODBUS TCP card in the PLC5. I know that will talk to the Bosch PLC.

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, I have received request to troubleshoot an old Bosch device. Bu t I'm not familiar with it. Anybody know how and which software I can...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, My name is Kevin, and I'm doing internship right now. I need to make an universal denester, filler and lidder. Right now I'm designing...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I need to try and back up the PC 200 ZE EPROM program from a Bosch machine. I have no software at the moment or Cables or manuals...
Replies
Views
Dear Sirs, in my current application, I am using a Bosch Rexroth L20 PLC communicating with Hightec PWS-6A00T-N HMI, but in the configuration of...
Replies
Views
I was given the task of programming servo motor control using the Bosch Rexroth PLC drive controllers. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with this...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom