can someone help me

wireman67

i have a project that i need help designing. i go to college but we only get 2 hours a week to work on the computer that has the plc program. i need some one that knows how to design the setup for the following problem. thanks in advanced.

Design a hazard alarm system that when no hazard is present light 1
(O:2/0) will be active to show safe working conditions. The system will
activate when a hazard is present with the use of sensor switch 1 (I:1/0).
When switch 1 (I:1/0) activates light 1 (O:2/0) will deactivate and
pump1 (O:2/3), pump 2 (O:2/4), and a warning light 2 (O:2/1) will
activate. The warning light 2 (O:2/1) will flash for 10 seconds to warn of
immediate danger then go steady to identify the environment is officially
deadly. When the warning light 2 (O:2/1) goes steady a buzzer (O:2/2)
will also activate. When the hazard dissipates switch 1 (I:1/0) opens the
system should return to initial conditions except pump 1 (O:2/3) will
continue to operate until the area has been cleared and a manual reset
(I:1/12) has been cleared.
Switch 1: I:1/0 Light 1: O:2/0
Reset I:1/12 Light 2: O:2/1
Buzzer 1: O:2/2
Pump 1: O:2/3
Pump 2: O:2/4

Look at each output. Write them down. What is required for each output to turn on? It can be overwhelming when taken in total. Work on them one at a time.

Start here with pump1, pump2, and the warning light. Figure out the logic needed to make this work.

When switch 1 (I:1/0) activates, light 1 (O:2/0) will deactivate and
pump1 (O:2/3), pump 2 (O:2/4), and a warning light 2 (O:2/1) will
activate.

OG

Here’s two options you could install and emulate to test on your computer. You might have to change some addresses for these to test, but the basic logic would be the same as whatever controller you’re using.

RSLogix Micro Starter Lite is a free version that will work with free Emulate 500.

CCW version 12 will emulate a Micro850.

The described task is so simple that you can do it by drawing the ladder code on a piece of paper. It is no excuse that you dont have access to the PC with the PLC program. I assume that it is what your teacher expects you to do.

The described task is so simple that you can do it by drawing the ladder code on a piece of paper. It is no excuse that you dont have access to the PC with the PLC program. I assume that it is what your teacher expects you to do.

+1

"Do it on paper first" is the very best advice!

Good luck