What is Profinet Configurator

Hello to everyone. I want to ask you
What is Profinet configurator and what does it do?
Do we need Profinet configurator if we have a gsdml file?
For example, if I want to add a Siemens or Phoenix Contact branded I / O Device to ABB Robot, should I use Profinet configurator or use a Gsdml file?
Thank you :)

The "gsdml" file is for recognizing and configuring the Profinet devices use in the plc Logic.
A "Profinet Configurator" (like Profinet Commander) is for connecting to the device over Profinet and configuring the device name (to match what you used in the PLC logic configuration) and IP address on some devices.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I want to establish a Profinet network in my production plant to connect multiple devices, including a PLC, HMI, and multiple Profinet-based...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a customer with a S7300 from around 2013 which they link to approx 25 inverters, 3 DP to DP converters and 5 IM153 remote I/O units...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am trying to establish communication over profinet between Siemens S7-1200 PLC as IO device and codesys plc as IO controller. But I am...
Replies
Views
Greetings! Facing a problem I've not seen before. GE CPE100 unit, LAN2 set up as ProfiNet. Multiple Turck TBEN-L4-16DIP modules, and a...
Replies
Views
Hello. I cannot change the SendClock settings for a PROFINET IO device. I need to slow down the CODESYS PROFINET IO controller. What am I doing...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom