AB MicroView Problems

chippieboy

Hi all, I recently purchased a machine that has/had 2MicroLogix 1000 PLC's with 2 MicroViewpanels.
The previous owner stripped out one of the PLC's and one ofthe MicroView panels. To revamp this machine with new panels/program it would cost morethan it is worth, therefore I need to replace the missing MicroView Panel andprogram the replacement Panel with the same program that is in the existingMicroView panel. The big problem is finding the 2707-NP or 2707-NP2 software orsomeone to program the device for me. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Chip

Several questions need to be asked in my opinion.
1. are the machines identical?
2. do you have the electrical schematics, program in a printed form, on a disk?
3. do the wire numbers, and wire colors match? you do not need to wire a 24 volt dc plc into 120 volts ac.

if I remember correctly, rslogix 500 lite can program a micrologix 1000. I do not know the display you re talking about.
james

I would just replace then with a Micro820 PLC
you can get them a Display Screen
replacing them would be cheaper then the time it will take to change the program to use a newer Panelview and you are moving forward with the technology

Ok everyone, to answer James questionsfirst:
1. It is one machine with 2 PLC's and 2Touch Panels doing what I think is the same thing. I do not know if they areidentical, I am guessing that they are.
2. I do not have electrical schematics, thecompany went bankrupt a number of years ago. A company bought rights to the equipmentbut support is very limited hence this posting. I do not have a copy of theprograms in either device. My plan was to connect to the present devices anddownload the programs and then upload the copied programs into the replacementdevices.
3. Some of the wires are similar and tiedto the same inputs and same outputs, example would be one PLC has I/01 and theother PLC has I/01A.
I do have RSLogix software and I canconnect to the existing PLC to potentially copy the program but it is passwordprotected. I have an idea on that problem.
The touch panel in question is a miniversion of a PanelView about 4" x 6".
The main issue is that I need the TouchPanel software to copy the program into the replacement panel.
So in summary, I have the RSLogix software,the MicroLogix 1000 PLC connection cable and the MicroView Panel connectioncable.
As for GaryS's reply, If I replace themwith a Micro820 PLC what do I do for a program in the PLC and program in the Panel?The program exist in the existing devices. A download/upload of the existingprogram seems like the easiest less painful plan

the Ab Panelview 32 software should be able copy and reload the program
the last time i checked AB dropped the licensing for that you should be able to find copy

the Ab Panelview 32 software should be able copy and reload the program
the last time i checked AB dropped the licensing for that you should be able to find copy

According to their site AB is still trying to make money off it: https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/578733/

My distributor doesn't appear to recognize that as a valid catalog number though (and when I had asked about the original 2711-ND3 number a year or two ago was told it was obsolete with no replacement).

It is obsolete but then again so is your Panel View
The original Panelview32 is still around
I have a copy it comes in handle when dealing with older systems
but then I have been in the industry almost from day one that was what we used.
The bigger problem you have is finding a replacement for you failed Panelview

Panel View Issue

Actually, it is an Micro View and eBay has thousands of them. Someone just said that the "PanelView 32" software might work and I might be able to still get it. I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have a issue ticket with my Rockwell/AB dealer, but he is striking out as well.

See http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=14208

The Microview was made obsolete eons ago (much to the chagrin of one of my customers). The software to program it is called DPS and is an old DOS based clunker of a thing. User manual is at https://docs.rs-online.com/e542/0900766b80dfa1aa.pdf

I'm pretty sure Rockwell abandoned the software so there are no licensing issues and what not. I can't upload here because the file size is too large but PM me and I will send it to you.

Don't ask me to help with it though, whenever I have to use it again it's always a pain in the rear. I don't think it will run on a Windows 10 machine so you may have to run it in a VM or something.