FactoryTalk SE Distributed Client doesn't read PLC

Abn

Hi,

I have a FactoryTalk SE Distributed with 5 clients and 1 PC has FactoryTalk SE Studio enviorement.

The Factorytalk project reads from 4 controllers. All the PCs where working fine then suddenly all the 5 of the PCs stop reading or writting to one controller. They write and read fine from the other 3 controllers.

The Pc where is installed the FactoryTalk SE Distributed Studio works fine. It can read and write to all 4 controllers. Just the clients stop working with one controller.

Any idea what is going on?

Regards

In SE, the clients should only be reading from the SE Server, and the Server polls the PLC's.

What PLC's do you have? And what version SE?

I've had SE (on one of my few remaining installations of that) simply decide one day to stop reading from L8x processors for no reason. Reboot, all okay. I ended up having to MESSAGE everything over from the L8x processor to an L7x, and just read it from there.

I'm not very familiar on how the FactorTalk Distributed works.

The setup I have is 1 primary server, 1 secondary server , 5 client pc, 1 pc with Factorytalk client and FactoryTalk View Studio.

The project reads from 4 controllers. 1 Controllogix, 1 Compaclogix , 2 micrologix.
Everything was fine until suddenly 2 days ago, all the 4 client PCs stop reading from the micrologixs. Read from all the other controllers.

On the PC with Factorytalk client and studio installed, reads fine. No problem on the PC.

I restarted all the client PCs, still the same problem. I can ping the micrologix from every PC.

I have FactoyTalk View Studio Release Number 9 (CPR 9 SR 9).

Regards

Hi,

I don't know if I did something but the clients start working again.
All of them are reading from all the controllers.

Regards