Launching popup from PLC tag, FTview ME

Walks

Hi, I'm trying to display a popup in FTview when a PLC tag reaches 0. Then you have to hit a confirm button to close the popup. I should probably know how to do this but I can't get it working. I don't have access to changing anything in the PLC program so I'm trying to do this purely from the HMI.

I made a HMI memory tag (DisplayScreen) and assigned it to the "Remote Display Tag" in Global connections. Then I made a macro,

if (tanklevel == 0)
then (DisplayScreen == 2)
else (DisplayScreen ==0)

I then assigned that macro as the startup macro for the popup. I'm just using a close display button for the confirmation to close the popup.

If anyone knows what I'm missing or if I'm doing this completely wrong I appreciate the help!

Thanks

Hi, I'm trying to display a popup in FTview when a PLC tag reaches 0. Then you have to hit a confirm button to close the popup. I should probably know how to do this but I can't get it working. I don't have access to changing anything in the PLC program so I'm trying to do this purely from the HMI.

I made a HMI memory tag (DisplayScreen) and assigned it to the "Remote Display Tag" in Global connections. Then I made a macro,

if (tanklevel == 0)
then (DisplayScreen == 2)
else (DisplayScreen ==0)

I then assigned that macro as the startup macro for the popup. I'm just using a close display button for the confirmation to close the popup.

If anyone knows what I'm missing or if I'm doing this completely wrong I appreciate the help!

Thanks

You seem to be using the comparison == in both places, I believe it should be the assignment operator = when setting values.

Try

if (tanklevel == 0)
then (DisplayScreen = 2)
else (DisplayScreen = 0)

I then assigned that macro as the startup macro for the popup.

Part of your problem is that the macro you assigned to the "popup" display will NOT run until the "popup" display is started up/opened.

You will need to assign your macro to the FTV Project "System>Startup" settings.