Writing to multiple tags with one user input in Wonderware

Walks

Hi, I'm designing an HMI using the Wonderware Archestra IDE (2017) and I'm trying to figure out the best way to use a user input to pass a value to multiple tags (object attributes as Wonderware calls them).

The user input only lets you write to a single tag but I was thinking I could write a script so that when the enter key is pressed it writes the entered value to the other object attributes. The problem I'm having with this is that I don't know how to assign the enter key as the trigger to execute the script.

Another option would be to have the user enter the value into a custom property tag and then use a push button to send the custom property to the various object attributes. I would prefer to avoid this method for various reasons.

If anyone has done something like this before your help would be much appreciated!

You can try an "On True" Condition script on $OperatorEntered, or $OperatorEntered = "USER"

Script start...
IF $OperatorEntered = "USER" THEN

Last edited:
Ahh ok, so the trigger condition could just be $OperatorEntered and it would run the script once the enter button is pressed? I'll try to test that out. Thank you for the help

Not necessarily in Wonderware, but I have used a button object turn a boolean tag on. The off to on transition of the tag triggers the script. The script writes to whatever tags I need to update as well as writing a zero to the bit that triggered the script in the first place.

Ahh ok, so the trigger condition could just be $OperatorEntered and it would run the script once the enter button is pressed? I'll try to test that out. Thank you for the help

Doesn't sound to me like the OP is interested in which user is logged on.

He wants a user to be be able to perform certain functions...
So he can still use IF $OperatorEntered = "USER" scripts on the button to allow functions based on User.