SLC500 5/05 To SLC500 5/04

I have the panel view hooked to DH+ side of 5/04 and DF1 on 5/04 hooked to ENI I can see the 5/04 but not the panelview.. I can also see the 5/05 in RsLinx

The ENI will only let you connect to the 5/04.

The 5/04 will not act as a bridge and let you through to the PV. For the PV you would have to connect RSLinx directly to it.

SamTheLightMaster said:
I have the panel view hooked to DH+ side of 5/04 and DF1 on 5/04 hooked to ENI I can see the 5/04 but not the panelview.. I can also see the 5/05 in RsLinx

Do you need direct connection with your PV? I dont know if you can use the PLC as a passthru but odds are you only need the PLC and not the PV so the ENI is a great option

The Gateways are best option if you are moving several nodes from DH+ to Ethernet, example I just installed one that had 3 PLCs 2 HMIs and the gateway moved the DH+ network to Ethernet and that worked great... if you are needing a single node then the ENIs are great.

So you are saying the gateway will go from DH+ on panelview 900 to ethernet on my hub and I could communicate to all plcs on network and program from 1 laptop?

Yes a ENI will convert a single node to Ethernet and a Gateway will convert the network (DH+) to Ethernet so if you have 10 nodes on the DH+ all 10 will be seen on the new Ethernet

That said.... Not that I dont want to sell you a Gateway (love to and they are in stock) but why do you need to see the PV direct? all the bits are in the 5/04 (or can be) so if you can see the 5/04 just use that as your comms to the PV, the only time you need to see the PV is when you download or make changes to the PV... all other times just get the data from the 5/04

OK I understand now and yes as a changing company they always thinking up brite ideas and changes they want on panelview screen or in the SLC500... so I'm just tired of running all over shop when they need something changed... lol.. so I need a DH+ gateway then I could see all my SLC500 and Panel views on the ethernet in RSLinx.. got it.... thanks... owner just called and said he bought some used 1769-L30ERs that are network ready. But never worked with them heck idk if rslogix500 will program them yet... why people "bosses" waste there money grrrr... thank you again

owner just called and said he bought some used 1769-L30ERs that are network ready. But never worked with them heck idk if rslogix500 will program them yet...

No.

You need Studio 5000 for the CLX family.

EDIT: And, you need the correct version of Studio 5000 that matches the firmware in the PLC, or flash the firmware to a version you do have - if that specific PLC goes to that high version. The common versions are v20 to v32, with v33 coming out this month.

Last edited:
Ok so that was wasted money again, need to set him down have long talk with him tomorrow, anyway he has the activation files for RSLogix5000 but cant seem to find the RSLogix5000 install files, on the laptop that programs the slc500s and panelviews... his disk is so old you cant read the serial number, cat number or anything, i've been asking him to update but he has no idea how or where and he hates computers, I found out how but he wants no part of sitting there in front computer, the older gentlemen that use to work with all this stuff passed away few years back.. i think all software is in his name not truly sure... just winging it really... anyway guess ill be selling those racks soon... lol... oh you said Studio5000 Ok ill have to go down look again i was looking for RSLogix5000... I dont think i seen Studio5000 or maybe i could get the Studio5000 software will that do the SLC500, Panelview900, CompactLogix and the PanelviewPlus Terminals, Program and be online to make on the fly adjustments? Thanks Again

If he has the serial number and either product key or sales order number you can go to Rockwell's Download & Compatibility page, select Find Downloads By Serial Number

It should list the RSLogix/Studio 5000 edition purchased and a drop down of all the versions you are allowed to download. Those versions will be the versions available within 1 years of the purchase date or all of them if your boss has a TechConnect contract.

Ok so that was wasted money again

Not really... you can get the software cheap even if you dont have the serial number and someday the SLC will be gone and if you want to stay with AB its going to be Studio or CCW

This is the part number if you have to buy the software Mini 9324-RLD200ENE, its only for the CompactLogix and will not work with the ControlLogix, last time I checked it was around 900.00

his disk is so old you cant read the serial number, cat number or anything,

Have him call Rockwell Tech Support.

If he can get the numbers off the activation disk they will probably find the original serial number and product key. Also tell him which edition and versions he has access to.

I have done this for customers and Rockwell is happy to help.

OK I talked to him now he just wants to leave everything alone till next week, then we're gonna go on Rockwells website and see what we can find out.. he wants me to sell the 2 panelviewplus 700s and 2 compact logix racks.. oh boy.. lol.. you guys want first dibs? I don't know if I'm aloud to even ask that, if so I can post pics. If not I'll list on ebay... I have 2 exact panelists and 2 complete racks.